Cleaning and sanitation knowledge, products, and guidelines have never been more important than they are today. That’s why we developed a future-proof protocol for cleaning and sanitation consisting of three pillars: Prepare, Clean Safely, and Maintain.
Preparing is all about understanding. You are the cleaning and sanitation expert for your company or organization. It is your responsibility to know the specific needs of your space and the requirements of your industry. But you aren’t in it alone. In fact, our Industry Hub and Knowledge Center are regularly updated to help you stay informed, and our customer service team is happy answer questions and provide recommendations.
After Preparing comes Cleaning Safely, the act of cleaning and sanitizing your space (and the subject of this article.) The Clean Safely pillar breaks into two steps to ensure comfort, safety, and peace of mind for all employees and patrons that visit your facility.
Each step is outlined below along with the products we recommend for effective cleaning, everywhere.
Step 1: Deep clean every surface.
Why do you need to clean first?
No area is safe from the gradual buildup of dust, grime, dirt, and other types of debris. A deep surface cleaning gets rid of base-level filth so that specially formulated products can work to their full potential.
- Remove soil, grease, and grime that may harbor harmful bacteria, mold, and viruses.
- Disrupt the cell wall of many pathogens with soaps and surfactants, killing them and washing away much of the danger.
- Destroy the biofilm barrier that can inhibit the effectiveness of disinfectant.
How do you deep clean effectively?
When you’ve got the knowledge and the right products, all that’s left is taking the initiative. Roll up your sleeves and start cleaning, being careful to give equal attention to all areas.
- Physically remove dirt, grease, and grime using safe soaps, cleaners, degreasers, and wipes.
- Get surfaces down to their bare material so that disinfectants can work to their potential.
- Conduct cleaning more efficiently by utilizing solution applicators that fit the needs of your space.
While each of our cleaning products meet the same high standards, they are designed for different applications within the cleaning funnel. EnviroLogic CSR-2000 Cleaner, for example, works great for large areas and sweeping applications. GUNK Multi-Purpose Wipes, on the other hand, are perfect for cleaning smaller fixtures and high-touch point areas on a multiple-time-a-day basis.
What products do you need to complete this step?
The most effective cleaning comes from combining tried and true cleaning methods (i.e. mop, and bucket), or a state-of the-art electrostatic sprayer for a faster and more efficient process for large-scale operations, paired with our specially formulated cleaning products.
- An applicator such as a mop, pressure washer, rags, brush, or electrostatic sprayer like the Victory Innovations Co.
Professional Cordless Electrostatic Handheld or Backpack Sprayer. Shop Now
- A ready to use, dilute-able, general purpose biodegradable cleaner such as GUNK Biodegradable General Purpose Cleaner and
Degreaser. Shop Now
- A commercial, powerful, concentrated, biodegradable degreaser such as EnviroLogic CSR-2000 Cleaner. Shop Now
- Waterless and powerful cleaning wipes for smaller areas such as GUNK Multi-Purpose Wipes. Shop Now
Step 2: Sanitize and disinfect all surfaces.
Why do you need to sanitize and disinfect?
Now that the surface level dirt and debris are taken care of, it’s time to go deeper. Defend your workplace against the enemies you cannot see with products that are proven to kill 99.9% of harmful microbes.
- Kill viruses, bacteria, mold, and other pathogens.
- Satisfy codes set by the FDA and CDC.
- Provide peace of mind for your business or organization.
How do you properly sanitize and disinfect?
For this step, we highly recommend using an electrostatic applicator so you can cover every angle of every surface. Our friends at Victory Innovations Co. have developed two of the best on the market. Interested? Check out the sprayers at work here.
- Apply a complete, light coating of a no-rinse, non-toxic disinfectant.
- Walk away and let it sit for 4 minutes.
- Return and make sure the disinfectant has fully absorbed.
Why invest in an electrostatic sprayer? Professional Cordless Electrostatic Sprayers save time and labor, spray less liquid, and cover more surfaces. We proudly carry and recommend Victory Sprayers for their patented technology that provides an electrical charge to solutions, allowing them to wrap conductive surfaces with an effective and even coverage.
What products do you need to sanitize and disinfect?
At Clean Safely, we take pride in offering cleaning solutions that are hard on harmful germs but easy on people and the environment. Our disinfectants are no exception. Bioesque Botanical Disinfectant Solution, for example, is EPA registered, non-toxic, and readily biodegradable.
- A non-toxic, ready to use, EPA register botanical disinfectant such as Bioesque Botanical Disinfectant Solution.
- An appropriate applicator such as a spray bottle (small areas) or electrostatic sprayer (large areas) like the Victory
Innovations Co. Professional Cordless Electrostatic Handheld or Backpack Sprayer. Shop Now
Step 3: Maintain by repeating steps one and two in accordance with your industry’s guidelines.
Why is maintenance important?
Germs and viruses don’t quit, so your commitment to the Clean Safely steps can’t either. Together, we can build out a product order and recurring delivery schedule that sets your facility up for success.
- Keep surfaces free of soil, grease, and grime that can create a biofilm to feed bacteria and viruses.
- Kill viruses or bacteria that enter the space.
- Maintain a safe and healthy area.
“Our best defense against another outbreak is shared knowledge, best-in-class products, and the discipline to follow strict, industry-appropriate protocol. Clean Safely is built for the future.”
Dr. Larry Beaver, PhD.
Clean Safely Vice President of Research & Development
How do you maintain a clean and safe environment over time?
Two steps. No compromises. Make sure you have the right products and a tailored regimen so that your equipment room stays stocked and your facility stays safe.
- Shop our online store to keep your cleaning supply closet stocked and ready.
- Contact us to request a quote and receive guidance on building a plan and delivery schedule that fits your needs.
- Keep surfaces clear of dirt, grime, and other debris with routine cleaning.
- Reapply a safe disinfectant and cleaner via spray or wipe, such as Bioesque Botanical Disinfectant Solution or GUNK
Multi-Purpose Wipes, on a regular interval based on frequency of use. Shop Now
Overall, it is isn’t complicated to Clean Safely—just two steps and a solid maintenance plan—but it is important. Each step is integral to building out a future-proof cleaning program for your facility, and they must be done in order. Remember: You should never skip the step of deep cleaning because left behind debris and organic material can inhibit the effectiveness of disinfectant.
- RSC Bio Solutions Partners with Allied BioScience as a Preferred National Service Provider for SurfaceWise2 Coating Providing Continuous Protection Against COVID-19
- The Process Within the Protocol: 3 Steps for Success
- Victory Innovations Co.: Electrostatic Demo
- NSF Registration Program: Bioesque Disinfectant Solution
- Bioesque Disinfectant Solution Overview